THE 2016 ANNUAL COMMUNITY AWARD
Nominations for Annual awards have closed. Nominees and finalists will be announce before Christmas.
Business Leadership Award
Sponsored by First Credit Union & Insurance
Business of the Year Award
Sponsored by MNP LLP
Citizen of the Year (Lifetime Achievement)
Sponsored by Canadian Tire
Customer Service Award
Sponsored by Robbins & Company
Family First Award (formerly Employee's Choice)
Sponsored by the Comox Valley Child Development Association
Food and Farm Business Award
Sponsored by Local's Restaurant
Heritage Recognition Award
Sponsored by Waypoint Insurance
New Business of the Year
Sponsored by Presley & Partners
Not for Profit Organization Award
Small Business of the Year Award
Sponsored by Peninsula Co-op
Sponsored by West Coast Expeditions
NEW AWARD! 2016 is the first year for this award
Tech & Innovation Award
Sponsored by OnDeck Systems
Young Entrepreneur Award
Sponsored by Wedler Engineering
Youth Leadership Award
Sponsored by NIC School of Business
President's Merit Award
Sponsored by North Island College
United Riders of Cumberland - 2015 Award Recipient
This award is given out by the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and is not open to Nominations.
Nominations are forwarded to a Selection Committee who will make a decision on the top three finalists in each category along with the award recipient. The Nomination window closes December 2, 2016. The final recipient for the award is kept strictly confidential until the night of the Award Gala. The awards will be presented on stage at the Annual Awards Gala Evening on Saturday, January 28, 2017. Tickets will go on sale the end of November.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in this important Community Event by nominating a
Business, Organization or Individual!
Nomination are closed. All nominees and finalists will be announced before Christmas.
Tickets for the 2016 Annual Awards Gala are on sale. Visit the Annual Awards ticket Page HERE to purchase tickets and tables.
- No self nominations please.
- When completing the nomination, it is of the utmost importance to include detailed contact and background information for the nominee.
- The information should match directly with the award criteria and you must provide written examples.
- Incomplete nominations will not be forwarded to the selection committee. We appreciate that it can take some time and effort. Assume the selection committee does not know the individual, business or organization being nominated and they require as much information as possible to make a fair and knowledgeable selection.
- Recipients are chosen by how well their achievements match with the criteria, and are not based on the number of nominations submitted.
- Nominees are required to be residents of Comox Valley; however, they are not required to be members of the Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Nominees in most categories will be contacted and asked for background information and a minimum of one letter of reference.
Please check back with this page for a complete list of nominees after December 2nd.
A look back at the 2014 Annual Community Awards:
Annual Awards Midnight in Gotham Intro from Unveil Studios on Vimeo.